GENERAL SUMMARY The Business Analyst-Financial will work on-site at client organization located in Petersburg, VA. The Financial Analyst will use their extensive background in DoD financials to assist in the implementation of the financial modules of SAP, identify opportunities for improvement, develop policies and procedures, and provide leadership and technical guidance to other personnel in performing these tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyze complex Department of Defense (DoD) resource management and financial process requirements
· Understand DoD and Army Finance regulations / policies and ensure processes developed by the Program are in compliance
· Assess financial operations, identifying opportunities for enhancement, and assisting technical resources in developing solutions
· Evaluate staged data in to ensure all financial transactions are matched as finance and logistics operations are integrated as SARSS transactions are converted to GCSS-Army.
· Validate that only open financial and SARSS records are converted in the correct amount. (i.e. partial disbursements and partial quantity issued are migrated with only open balances for funding and SARSS.)
· Ensure the current cost-of-transactions are valid and that any changes to information for applicable RIC’s are noted for corrective action prior to conversion.
· Perform studies and analyses and generating technical documentation
· Create and present briefings to communicate findings and recommendations to program and functional leadership
· Identify risks and issues and ensuring appropriate tracking and mitigation
· Research conducted using the listed programs.
o GSA Advantage
· Fifteen to twenty years of experience in DoD resource management and financial management.
· Experience as a Resource Manager at an Army Installation or Tactical Unit or DFAS a plus.
· Experience in multiple logistics areas (supply, maintenance, acquisition, transportation) is a plus
· Bachelor\'s degree required
· Applicants selected for this position must possess a SECRET clearance. And are subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, we will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.